In this article I’ll be giving you 7 of the most effective ways to take control over your anxiety.
Because if you’ve been struggling with anxiety, worry and panic, you may have tried many different approaches to find calmness and relief. And because there is so much information out there, it can be hard to know which advice and strategies to consistently adopt for the best result.
So if you are looking for practical ways to control your anxiety then read on…
How To Take Control Over Anxiety
But before I give you the seven practical steps to control anxiety, I just want to stress that you need to adopt these consistently. If you do them for one or two days then the cumulative anxiety busting relief won’t have a chance to grow. And if you read them and think you’ve tried them before then now is the time to commit to them – after all, the outcome of feeling happier, calmer and more in control is going to be well worth the effort.
So here are the seven practical steps to take back control over your anxiety:
- Prioritise time daily to pause and relax mentally and physically. There are many resources out there to help and naturally I suggest you make use of my specially produced free Creating Calm Audio today.
- Learn how to use your breathing to calm yourself. Focusing on your breathing can soon put you back in control. Practice breathing in for a count of 7 and then out for 11. Make sure that your out breath is longer than your in breath.
- Take control over your imagination and change the channel in your mind from those negative scenarios of what you don’t want to happen to focus more and more on what you do want.
- Find time to be active every day by exercising or going for a brisk walk. Give yourself an outlet for all that physical worry.
- Calm down that internal self-talk in your mind. Notice what you are saying to yourself, and then let your internal dialogue relax and reaffirm confidence.
- Use your thinking brain rather than your emotional brain. If anxious thoughts are bothering you and those unwanted emotions are escalating, start counting backwards in your head from 300 in units of 3. This gets the thinking part of your brain engaged and dilutes the emotions.
- Make sure you deliberately focus on what is going right too. A simple way to do this is to every morning think of three things you are looking forward to that day, and every night think of three things that went well that day.
How Do You Control Anxiety?
And once you’ve put these into place I’d love to know how helpful you find them to control anxiety, along with any advice you have for others, so be sure to leave a comment below.
Like what you see?
Sign up for more updates! It's FREE!