Get Help For Anxiety and Stress:
Recently I appeared in the Cambridge News talking about the huge rise in the number of people contacting me to seek help for anxiety and stress.
More and more people are seeking an effective solution to their anxiety and stress and you can check out what people say after working with me by going to this part of the site: What People Say
In this article I’ll give you five things you can start doing right away that will help you with your anxiety and stress and which you can start implementing today.
In the Cambridge News I talked about the huge increase in anxiety and stress clients that I’ve been helping over the last year.
You can read the full article here:
Rise in people seeking help for anxiety and stress and depression
Many people come to me for help because they have been given my name by a trusted freind or colleague and others simply don’t want to rely on pills and medication forever more (or have found them ineffective). I also help those who have had CBT and cousnelling yet found this methods din;t equip them with the skills and strategies to actually allieviate their stress and anxiety.
Follow these five actions to start easing all those unwanted thoughts and feelings:
1) Use your hard wired relaxation response: Practice extending your out breath to trigger your natural relaxation response. Breathe in for an internal count of 5 and out for an internal count of 8 and keep repeating it.
2) Walk Daily: Give yourself an outlet for all that emotion by going for a ten to fifteen minute brisk walk every day. Be sure to walk tall, keep your head and eyes up and pay more attention to what you can see and hear than to your internal thoughts.
3) Challenge those what-if thoughts: Instead of only focusing on thoughts such as ‘what if X goes wrong?’ or ‘what if X bad thing happens?’, start challenging those thoughts. Deliberately ask yourself ‘what else might happen?’ or even ‘what if Y good things happens?’ to start taming and diluting all those unwanted anxiety driven thoughts.
4) Learn how to relax mind and body: If you are struggling with anxiety you probably find it hard to relax, right? In fact you may describe yourself as someone who can never switch off or relax. If this is you then you definitely need to learn how to relax effectively. Relaxing is a skill that gets better the more you do it. Yet you’ve got to do it properly so download your free Creating Calm audio and make sure you listen daily.
5) Do something you enjoy: Anxiety can quickly have us running for safety and retreating into an ever shrinking safe zone. So push back by doing things you know you enjoy. Sure you may have to push yourself to commit to it or to get out but once you start to re-engage with the things you used to do and enjoy you will start to get back more and more of those positive feelings.
If you could use specialist help to become the calmer, happier you then get in touch and ask to book your complimentary strategy session.
To the happier, calmer you,
Anxiety Management Expert